TransitVUE® Train Derailment Detection System
Although train signaling technology has significantly improved over the years, the problem of train derailment can still occur due to human error or acts of nature. Due to resulting deadly catastrophes, it is extremely important for transit agencies to know where an accident occurred in order for them to undertake appropriate and immediate action.
The TransitVUE® Train Derailment Detection System is composed of a double layer made up of fiber optic based alerts and GPS tracking information. Similar to the FibrMat® Advanced Fiber Mesh and Direct Buried Intrusion Detection Tracking system, this derailment detection system uses an array of specialized sensors lined on fiber optic cables and state of the art data Information Processing Units (IPUs). In addition, the train harbors an on-board GPS unit which provides transit agencies with exact longitude/latitude coordinates during a catastrophic event. Using our TransitVUE® Train Derailment Detection System, a catastrophic event, such as a train coming off the tracks or a car parked on the tracks, is detected instantly and reported to a central control facility and designated personnel.
With TransitVUE® Train Derailment Detection System, you will have the advantage of being able to determine the exact location of any train during an emergency, display train location on Google maps, and help reduce passenger uncertainty and promote passenger safety.
TransitVUE® Vantage Alert Train Derailment Software
TransitVUE® Vantage AlertTM Train Derailment Software is a web-based interface system. As a result, desktop software installation is not required to run, track, and obtain data from the system. Since it is a server-based application, any updates made to the system will be immediately reflected on any workstation browser accessing the software. Using our efficient and easy to maneuver TransitVUE® Vantage Alert Train Derailment Software, transit operators will be able to:
- Group vehicles according to preference
- View past vehicle location history (e.g. bread crumbs)
- Visualize station locations via maps and aerial imagery
- Landmark key points, such as stops and areas of importance
- Determine the proximity of vehicles
- Use custom icons to categorize different types of vehicles or land marks
- Create customized reports
- TV-DB500 FibrMat® Specialized Direct Buried Optical Fiber
- TV-A500 Advanced Information Processing Unit
- Sampling rates range as fast as 10 Hz (or 2000 Hz optional)—with each scan referenced to a stable, zero-temperature-coefficient wavelength standard.
- 80 nm standard range (1510 to 1590 nm); 160 nm optional range.
- For multiplexed monitoring of 4 fibers — 16 fibers with expansion module, each fiber potentially containing ³40 FBGs
- TV-AC5 IPU-Matched Computer
- Industrial grade, fixed site computer that allows for data logging, analysis and communications.
- TransitVUE® GPS Tracking Device (Specifications may vary)
Integration with other TransitVUE® Systems
The TransitVUE® Train Derailment Detection System is capable of integrating with any of our other TransitVUE® Systems in order to provide a total protection solution to transit agencies. For more information on our TransitVUE® Systems, please visit our Downloads page for a complete list of brochures, datasheets, videos and presentations.